Monday, April 2, 2007
Kamasutra!

During those days, there were no mobile phones and internet was not the in-thing. I wrote and mailed letters to Azura almost everyday. I used aerogramme, I used postcards, I sued colourful letter writing pads and I have also used napkins - I used them all to carry my words of love and my words of yearning for her presence.
Azura would asked me to wait at a certain time, at a certain public phone so that she could call me. I would be happiest every time she called - which was like once every other day. And just to let me know she was missing me too, she posted me letters to carry her own words of love and affection. Receiving her letters which were always signed off with her lipstick and kisses was the highlights of my summer days. In one of them, she sent me strands of her hair. In another - when she was in a particular melancholic mood - there was sumdges of tears too.
I kept them all. And until today, there is a shoe box stored safely on the top drawer of my personal cabinet, filled with letters and special pictures of the two of us.

Azura shared wih me her daily activities. How she spent time window shopping, not the ladies section of the stores but instead looking for gentleman's stuff with me on her mind. She shared how she visualize me modelling the clothes she was selecting. And when she was visiting families and friends, how she imagined introducing me to them as her fiance, or her husband. Those were the content of her letters - similar to the contents of her heart, she assured me when I queried what was in her heart during one of our phone calls.

To her questions about how I spent my time - I simply say, I spent my time waiting for her letters, her phone calls and her return. Then quickly added, that I have also been busy reading books about the finer arts of how to please a woman. She giggled feverishly. I teased her that she had a naughty mind for assuming that I was reading Kamasutra! She burst into a laughter - and I joined her laughing. Happiness was knowing that she was happy.

Tonight, I was flipping through my old copy of the Kamasutra and wondered whether she uses the positions and postures from our personal favourite pages with her husband. It hurts!

I am missing you even more!

Labels:

 
posted by Mr Froggies at 5:54 AM | Permalink |